Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Post-Vlog Blog.

This was a typical video project like I have done a thousand times before interms of the shooting and Editing experience. With the exception that I was the director writer and cast it was pretty mundane. The difference with the Vlog is in the final conversion from the program file to the compressed version. What I had thought was that there was no degeneration from copying and recopying the media when working with digital. What I had learned was that there are many different compression types etc. that tremendously effect the final result. My picture quality with the effects I had prescribed took a huge spill almost into the unrecognisable but not quite that bad. If I ever do this again Final Cut will be my program of choice. I enjoyed the process emensely. It opened my eyes to the creation of home-grown video's possibilities.

No comments: